Friday, July 11, 2008

To Sheshory, but not in Sheshory

In L'viv today and had a most wonderful and remarkably affordable flight on WizzAir, which launched its Ukraine service today (linking Kyiv, Odesa, Simferopol, and Lviv - I am going to be their biggest cheerleader). Since it was the kickoff morning, our obviously self-conscious flight attendants gave us complimentary beverages and snacks and we appaluded when we touched down in L'viv. What a nice experience for $10.

Tonight, off to the Sheshory "music and landart festival" which no longer takes place in Sheshory ( a small Carpathian village) but rather in Podillia. I'm taking a train to Vinnytsia with my friends from the Les Kurbas Theater and Hutsuls who will be performing. I have a toothbrush, a blanket, a change of clothes, and a sopilka in my bag. I expect there will be stories to tell.

No comments: